Sunday, May 4, 2008

Digg Sharing is Flawed

Ever since Digg launched profiles, the usefulness, quality, and reputation of Digg has been on the decline. What's moving up is SPAM. If you disagree with that statement, Google it - You'll find nearly a million links with a similar opinion. 

After the profiles launch, Digg became littered with bosh (nonsense) and became a spam breeding ground. Take a look at the Digg sharing feature below. Note how incredibly easy it is to instantly send a shout (story message share) to all your friends. Its SPAM friendly features like this that are hurting Digg. Removing the "Shout to All" button would go a long way to restore Digg's quality. 


Below is a perfect example how story sharing should be. The image below was taken from nobosh.com. Notice how the sharing feature has no one-click share to all your friends button. This UI decision has gone a long way to keep spam out of nobosh and leave nobosh with no nonsense, no bosh, nobosh community.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nobody ever diggs me anyway. :-(
LOL I don't care - the important thing is that future customers DO see my blogs and they DO write to me - worth a lot more than a shout from digg, if you ask me.

I do get a couple of "shouts" from friends who are on Digg too, but I rarely read them - they're usually about something I'm totally not interested in.

Doug Ragan said...

I don't get dugg much at all. That is mostly because I have a political blog that is not anti-American. This isn't a popular thing on digg.

Cybrspin said...

Don't feel bad, my blog got banned for being spam and it has 800 and some odd original posts and 4 yr history.